Monday, July 21, 2008

Cat with vase

I have been working on a quilt with muted shades of golds, browns, greens, and blues. You can see a small bit of some of the blocks on my design board. To balance things out (yin/yang) I decided I would use shades of pinks and purples in my next quilt. And instead of piecing squares together, I would use an applique technique (cut a background fabric and sew shapes on top). So, I cut out the cat and vase you see here with my rotary cutter. I'm into precision (rulers rule) so doing it this way was new for me, but I'm glad I got outside of my usual approach. I'm pleased with it so far.

2 comments:

Denise Felton said...

Oh. My. Gawd. You so rock! LOVe the fabrics, love the design. I cannot wait to see the finish on this. Embroidery? Beads? Dis is yummy.

Anne said...

oooh, scar's steppin' out of her comfort zone - and the result is FAB!!!!!! Good for you, girl!